moreMontreal.com - Search help
- The search uses a database containing all the names, addresses (URL) and keywords associated with each site of moreMontreal.com. You can search, at the same time, a name (or part of a name), an address (or part of an address) and keywords. The seaches only look for parts of words, for example, if you look for the word com, it will select all the sites that have com in its name or address or keyword. It is then preferable to use the singular form of words (ie. store instead of stores) and use parts of words, that way the search will select more sites;
- you can use either uppercase or lowercase letters, there's no difference;
- you can use accented characters as long as your browser and operating system support ISO-Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1). Most browsers and systems supports it so there's usually no problem but if there are some odd characters in the search result, then you don't support ISO-Latin-1. By the way, the search doesn't take the accented characters into account, so you can use accented characters or not, there's no difference;
- the search applies a "logical AND" on the result of the seach for each individual word. In other words, it only selects the site that have all the search words in their name or address or keywords. It is then preferable that you don't use many search words. For example, search with hotel montagne and not hotel de la montagne;
- the search results are divided in two parts : the search word list and the result list. The search word list displays in parenthesis, for each individual search word, the number of sites found that satisfies that word. If the number of site is zero (0), then there will be no sites selected. Try the search again without that word. One could say that the search applies an intersection on all the set of sites selected for each individual word, so if a word has no associated site, then the final result will be an empty set. The second part of the result lists all the selected sites, you can click on any of the names listed.